ACS4IT ("We") are committed to protecting and respectng your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is ACS Business Supplies Limited of registered office 82 High Road, Byfleet, Surrey, KT14 7QW.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you voluntarily provide to us by filling in forms on our site www.acs4it.co.uk. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, requesting a catalogue, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site. This information may include your name, e-mail address, mailing address, telephone number, fax number, credit card details and other demographic information.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence or telephone call.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- You may browse our site without supplying any personally identifiable information, but we will need to collect personally identifiable information in order for you to register on the site, to process your orders or to send you offers or information that you request.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- to estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
- to store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests;
- to speed up your searches; and
- to recognise you when you return to our site.
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Use of Website Policy.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We may use information held about you in the following ways:
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so; and
- to notify you about changes to our service.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post or telephone.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the purchase order form).
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
We will not disclose personally-identifiable information about you to others except as disclosed in this Use of Website Policy or as authorised by you when the information is collected. We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 736 of the UK Companies Act 1985, including our mail-order catalogue, and online operations in order to send you information that you request, to cater to your shopping preferences, and to extend offers that we believe may be of interest to you.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If ACS Business Supplies Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- We contract with other companies to fulfil your order and provide the specific products or services to you. For example, we use outside suppliers; a credit card processing company when you make a purchase with a credit card; an outside shipping company to ship orders; and we use outside service providers to host our site. These third parties are provided with only the information that they need to perform their functions and are not permitted to use or disclose your personally-identifiable information for other purposes without your authorisation.
- If you shop through our catalogue or via our site we may share your name and mailing address (but not your e–mail address or telephone number) for external direct mail campaigns conducted by companies or organisations which offer products or services we believe may be of interest to our customers.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
We have numerous safeguards in place to reasonably and adequately protect personally-identifiable information.
Our databases are protected by physical, technical, and procedural measures that restrict information access to authorised persons in accordance with this Use of Website Policy. Our information systems are maintained behind a software firewall to isolate them from access by other networks connected to the Internet. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job are granted access to personally identifiable information. Our employees are kept up to date on our security and privacy practices.
Any credit card or personally identifying information divulged to us via our site will be stored on secure servers and not released to any other party without your explicit written authorisation unless as expressly provided in this Use of Website Policy. Once you enter a credit card number, we will never display the entire card number if the page is recalled after you have submitted it. This also applies to the use of the “Back” button on your browser. The middle digits will be displayed as asterisks, protecting your card number from other users of your computer or anyone who happens to see the screen.
Pages on our site that request payment information are protected using SSL (Secure Socket Layer) security, which encrypts any data transmitted. Information passed between your computer and our site cannot be read in the event that someone else intercepts it.
You are responsible for keeping your password to access our site confidential and should never share your password with anyone. We recommend that you your password frequently. After you have finished using our site, you should log out and exit your browser to prevent unauthorised users from returning to your online account. If you believe that someone has improperly used information about you or has made purchases that you did not authorise, please contact us immediately.
The information contained in our site is for general guidance on topics selected by Company. Such information is provided on a blind-basis, without any knowledge as to your industry, identity or specific circumstances. The application and impact of relevant laws will vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. There may also be delays, omissions, or inaccuracies in information contained in our site. The information on our site is provided with the understanding that Company and various authors and publishers providing such information are not engaged in, and that providing such information does not constitute the rendering of legal or other professional advice or services. As such, information on our site should not be relied upon or used as a substitute for direct consultation with professional advisers.
Our site contains facts, views, opinions, statements, and recommendations of third-party individuals and organisations. None of them or the Company will be liable or responsible for the content including the accuracy, integrity, quality or reliability of any communication, advice, opinion, statement, or other information displayed, uploaded, or distributed through our site or for any errors or violations of laws or regulations. You acknowledge that any reliance on any such communication, opinion, advice, statement, or information will be at your sole risk. The materials on our site are transmitted and distributed "as is" and appear on the site without express or implied warranties, conditions, terms or representations of any kind, including, but not limited to, any implied warranty, condition, term or representation as to satisfactory quality or fitness for a particular purpose and all such warranties, conditions, terms and representations are specifically excluded. There is no warranty, condition, term or representation as to the quality, accuracy, completeness, and validity of any materials on our site, and no warranty, condition, term or representation that the functions contained on the site will be uninterrupted or error-free, or that defects will be corrected.
You acknowledge that the ownership in any intellectual property rights (including, for the avoidance of doubt, patents, copyright, rights in databases, trade marks and trade names whether registered or unregistered and subsisting anywhere in the world) in our site belongs to us or our third party licensors. Accordingly, any part of our site (or its source HTML or any other code) may not be used, transferred, copied or reproduced in whole or in part in any manner other than for the purposes of utilising our site, meaning that you may only display it on your computer screen and print it out on your printer for the sole purpose of viewing its content in connection with the services.
Subject to the terms and conditions herein, copyright and all other intellectual property rights subsisting in each and every piece of information provided on our site is owned by us or the third party providers of such information. You may use information retrieved from our site only for the purposes of the services we provide.
No person other than the rightful owner or licensee of any copyright and other intellectual property rights may:
- distribute, modify, transmit, re-use, re-post, or use any or all of the information on our site for any purpose other than as set out above nor for public or commercial purposes without our or the relevant licensee's prior written permission;
- provide hypertext links, URL Links, graphic links, hyperlinks or other direct connection for profit or gain to our services without our or the relevant licensee's prior written permission;
- display, publish, copy, print, post or otherwise use the our services and the information contained therein for the benefit of any other website without our or the relevant licensee's prior written permission;
- process or otherwise use the information contained on or within our services for any illegal or immoral purpose nor use or process the same unfairly.
- You agree and accept that we may publish or otherwise distribute your information and you therefore grant to us an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive right and licence to publish your information and all content contained therein on or within our site, on any other media whatsoever and in its own advertising and promotion.
- You therefore hereby undertake to us to indemnify and hold us harmless in full and defend us at your own expense against all claims, liabilities, costs and losses whatsoever and howsoever incurred by us its servants or nominees arising out of any claim made against it in any jurisdiction in the world for infringement of any intellectual property rights of any third party caused by your use of our site and your information.
- ACS Business Supplies, [www.acsacs.co.uk], and our logo are trade names or trade marks of ACS Business Supplies Limited, the use of which is expressly forbidden by any other persons without our express written permission.
- We make no warranty or representation in respect of any other trade mark or trading name, symbol or device, all of which are hereby acknowledged. If you have any questions in relation to the use of any marks contained within our services please contact us at the address below.
Any changes we may make to our use of website policy in the future will be posted on this page.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this use of website policy are welcomed and should be addressed to ACS Business Supplies Limited, Unit 6, Aire Valley Park, Wagon Lane, Bingley, West Yorkshire, BD16 1WA or firstname.lastname@example.org.